Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Tickling Muse

I can feel it. A small tickle, light as a feather's touch at the back of my mind. A story is forming, quietly knocking to be released. Not yet fully formed, but already taking on a life of its own, ready to spring from the mind, fully formed and ready to spread the wings of imagination.

What has triggered the Muse to life? I do not know, but I feel it growing, and wiggling and slowly but steadily worming its way out to the light.

What is it about? I have an idea, but do not wish to state its intent until it is ready to burst forth onto the scene.

Until then, I feel the Muse awakening. Life is forming, growing and taking shape. It tickles the fingers as they dance across the keyboard. Fingers that once held a pencil that traveled over snow white paper covered in red and blue lines......

It comes, not as a thief in the night, but as a whirlwind, blowing the cobwebs away and bringing light into the dark.

Yes, I feel the Muse a tickle, tickle, tickling.....

No comments:

Post a Comment