Sunday, December 12, 2010

Where Am I in My Writing?

Hmm, where am I in my writing and where do I want to go with it?

Well, let me see. Where am I? I believe I am at an empass. I really have no idea where I am, except, well, nowhere. The "want too" is no longer there. I feel like an empty vessel. Dry; hollow, with cobwebs clogging the entrance to thought, and old dry leaves clogging the drainpipe.

Maybe it is because I am trying too hard? Or could it be that I really have run out of things to write about? But, no, I have many stories to tell. Some are funny, some maybe thought provoking, but all rolling around inside me. It is just that something is blocking their passage from memory, to paper, or rather, to keyboard and screen.

Perhaps one day, hopefully soon, the blockade will break and memories and stories will once again come forth freely, like they have before. But, until that day, I will wander aimlessly thru the portals of mind and thought, waiting and watching, until the dam breaks.

Another question to ponder is "Where do I want to go with my writing?" Well, I really am not certain. I want to grow as a writer and eventually become a well known name in the literary circle of famous authors. I really do not care if I am ever recognized, although that would be nice, but rather, just hear people mention my name with that breathless wonder of awe.

Who knows, though, where I will end up in the world of writers. Wherever it is, I am certian I will obtain some form of contentment .... at least until the next fit of writing comes along.

No comments:

Post a Comment